STORM NET NEWS
This is a statement by Kevin Chalfant from Andrew J McNeice of the AOR & Hard Rock Hot Spot website regarding the Storm.
"I want to let you know that The Storm and I are alive and well. We are enjoying a new found success in the US. Our "Eye of the Storm" CD is gaining popularity as an underground item. We have been added into radio play lists from coast to coast. As of last week, Miramar Records reported our first single "To Have and To Hold" to be at #28 on the AC Adult Contemporary Chart. Radio stations have been dropping me e-mail and Gregg Rolie has been doing alot of interviews as well. We are fortunate enough to have loyal fans world wide. Our fans have been a great part of our desire to keep moving forward. We forsee a new CD on the horizon. Gregg and I have recently spoken of completing a new CD.
Josh Ramos Storm guitarist is currently touring with the original singing members of "Menudo" on their world wide tour. Ron Wikso replacement drummer for Steve Smith is now touring with Richie Sambora.
Gregg has moved to Southern California and is writing. I am working on a second solo CD and producing artists for my indie label Clique Records.
My new and improved website Clique Records will be finished in early July. We will be hosting many new things for viewers and listeners there. Live chats, video, streaming audio, sounding boards and more.
On a sad note, I will miss Ross Valory in the Storm line up, but we will survive. We wish Ross and Journey continued success. Who knows, maybe we will even do some shows together in the future. Send my best wishes to all of your viewers and readers. God bless, Kevin Chalfant. c/o A. McNeice
- According to May 14th Gavin Report,
To Have and To Hold by The Storm was the 4th
most added song among adult contemporary radio stations
nationwide behind Celine Dion, Bob Seger & Martina McBride,
and Kenny Logins and beating out Steve Perry, The Wallflowers,
Chicago and Lee Ann Rimes. Also worth noting is the fact that
The Storm is the only artist on the list who had all reporting
stations pick them up. c/o R. Wikso
- Ron Wikso will be going out on tour with Richie Sambora. They will start touring Japan in June. c/o R. Wikso
- The Storm has released "Eye of The Storm" throughout North America! The label is Miramar/BMG.
There is also the possibility of a tour in support of the album, if album sales
and airplay are strong. c/o R. Wikso/K. Chalfant
- Gregg Rolie has an offical web site at www.greggrolie.com c/o G. Rolie/J. Welch
- Gregg Rolie and the original members of Santana (includes Michael Shrieve & Carlos Santana) were inducted into the "ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME". The ceremony was held on January 12th, 1998 and aired on VH-1 January 19th, 1998. c/o M. Shrieve/VH1
- Par Winberg has an interview with Kevin Chalfant. c/o P. Winberg
- Currently Ross Valory is working on a blues/rock project called, "Piranha Blues", which
includes Ross (Bass), Neal Schon (guitar), Prairie Prince (Drums), and
Richard Martin Ross (vocal) They have just finished the recording
process and mixing of the songs for this project has started.
There is no release date at this time. c/o N. Hamajima
- The Storm WWW Page has Part 2 of an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Kevin Chalfant. c/o K. Chalfant/Clique Records
- Kevin Chalfant has released his solo album, titled "Running With The Wind". Kevin Chalfant has also formed his own label called CLIQUE RECORDS There are several sound clips and photos available of the new album and of Powerhouse recording studio. Kevin Chalfant said the following about the project. "Some wonderful musician friends helped me to complete the record. Chester Thompson drums, Willie Weeks bass, Chas Sandford guitar, Phil Kenzie sax, Matt Rollings piano, Dennis Matkowski Hammond B3, with David Leonard engineering." c/o K. Chalfant/Clique Records
- The Storm WWW Page has Part 2 of an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Gregg Rolie. c/o G. Rolie/Miramar Productions
- Gregg Rolie has released his third solo album titled "Rough Tracks". It contains a new version of the Storm's "Still Loving You". Guests appearing on the album are, Tim Pierce, Bob Marlette, Josh Ramos, Sheryl Crow and Kevin Chalfant. Also, Gregg Rolie's "Gringo" from 1987 is out on CD. Both albums are on the Munich based Point label in Germany. Check out the web site AOR HEAVEN for more information. Gregg Rolie's first album "Gregg Rolie" from 1985 release has been canceled until further notice. They also have the Storm's first album, but in limited supply. c/o G. Siegl/S. Lupro
- Thoughtscape Sounds has the CD of the rock group 707 (with Kevin Chalfant on lead vocals) for sale. c/o S. Lake
- Abraxas Pool on BMG/Miramar has released two promo songs (Szabo and Million Miles Away) to be released to Rock and Contemporary Jazz stations. c/o Miramar Productions
- The Storm WWW Page has Part 2 of an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Ron Wikso. c/o R. Wikso
- The Storm WWW Page has an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Kevin Chalfant. c/o K. Chalfant
- Rock Village has an interview with Abraxas Pool's Gregg Rolie and Michael Shrieve. You can listen to excerpts of the interview. c/o Rock Village
- "Eye of The Storm" has been released on Avex Trax/Bareknuckle (EMI)
Records in Japan. The album features some different liner notes, band credits, new photos of the band
and CLICK HERE to see the new album cover. CLICK HERE for new band photo. Also, due to strong demand, initial orders for the record have been increased. (Thanks to Naohiro Oyabu for album photos). c/o R. Wikso
- The Storm WWW Page has an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Ron Wikso. c/o R. Wikso
- Ron Wikso tour with Foreigner to Japan in April and Europe over the summer was cancelled do to Lou Gramm being sick.
They have recorded a bunch of demos with the plan being to record a new record some time by the end of the year.
You can write get well wishes to Lou Gramm at: Lou Gramm c/o Hard To Handle Management, 1133 Broadway, Suite 1301, New York, NY 10010 c/o R. Wikso
- The Storm WWW Page has an EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW with Gregg Rolie and Michael Shrieve of Abraxas Pool. c/o Miramar Productions
- Gregg Rolie had a live chat on 94.5 KFOX (San Jose, San Francisco) Friday, April 18th for Greg Kihn's morning show. He talked about Santana, Journey and his solo projects. c/o N. Hamajima
- The ABRAXAS POOL album with Gregg Rolie, Neal Schon, Michael Shrieve, Michael Carrabello, Jose Chepito Areas and Alphonso Johnson has been released. On March 18 the members of Abraxas Pool had a record release party at a club in San Francisco.
You can read an article about the band at the San Francisco Chronicle web site. CLICK HERE to see the album's cover. c/o N. Hamajima
- Kevin Chalfant is in the studio as Producer/Songwriter for a group called FINAL QUEST. They are working on pre-production
tracks of the songs. c/o C. Giacinto
- In Germany, now on CD is Steel Breeze - Heart On The Line (from 1983) with Kevin
Chalfant on vocals, his only album with that band. c/o C. Giacinto
CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE STORM WWW PAGE